- 4 people
- Low difficulty
- 25 minutes
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files generated by the websites you visit, which save session details that may be used later on the site. This allows the website to save your information between pages and analyse the way you browse the website. The cookies are safe – they can only store information provided by the browser, regarding access to the browser itself or included on the page requested. They cannot turn into code and be used to access your computer. If a website encrypts information in a cookie, only that website will be able to access it.
There are two main categories of cookies:
– technical cookies
– profiling cookies
Technical cookies are normally necessary for the website to function correctly and offer the best browsing experience; without these cookies, you may not be able to view some pages correctly or access certain services. For example, a technical cookie is essential to keep the user connected during the entire visit to the website, or to save the language and display settings, etc.
Technical cookies include:
– browsing cookies, which allow to browse and use the website (for example, make a purchase, or log in to reserved sections);
– analytic cookies, comparable to technical cookies only when used directly by the website operator to collect information, in aggregate format, on the number of users and their browsing patterns.
– functionality cookies, which allow to browse the website based on selected criteria (for example, language or products selected), and aim to improve the service offered.
Profiling cookies aim to create a user profile and are used to send promotional messages based on the preferences expressed by the user while browsing.
Profiling cookies include:
– session cookies, which are deleted when the browser is closed;
– persistent cookies, which – unlike session cookies – are saved on the browser for a certain period of time. They are used, for example, to recognise the device used to connect to the site and facilitate the user’s authentication process;
– first-party cookies are cookies directly generated and managed by the operator of the website the user is browsing;
– third-party cookies are cookies not directly generated and managed by the operator of the website the user is browsing, but by a third party.
WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE?
We use technical cookies that aim to guarantee the correct operation of our website. We use third-party analytic cookies: Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc., which installs cookies on your devices. The data collected do not identify the user or the website, instead they are used only to collect browsing statistics: viewed pages, session duration, browser used, geographic details.
On this website, Google Analytics has been set to make users’ IP addresses anonymous.
To disable analytic cookies and prevent Google Analytics from collecting browsing data, download the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=it
For more information:
We also use the following third-party technical cookies:
– Google Fonts: Google Fonts is a service used to display font styles operated by Google Inc. that allows this website to integrate this content on its pages.
– Google Maps Widget: Google Maps is a service that allows to view maps operated by Google Inc. that allows this website to integrate this content on its pages.
– Google Docs Viewer: Google Docs Viewer is a service operated by Google Inc that allows to view online documents and multimedia files without leaving the browser and access the local file system.
Managing cookies: blocking and deleting
For information on how to manage/delete cookies based on the browser used, you may visit the English website www.aboutcookies.org. The procedure is different depending on the browser you use. You will find the instructions in the help menu of your browser. If you use more than one computer, make sure you set your preferences on the browser of all your devices. Through your browser you may see the cookies saved on your computer and delete some or all of them.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Click on the ‘Tools’ icon, at the top right of your screen and select ‘Internet Options’. Select ‘Privacy’ in the pop-up window. You will be able to set your cookie preferences, or go to
Click on the spanner icon at the top right of your screen and select ‘Settings’. Then select “Under the hood” and change the ‘Privacy’ settings. You will be able to set your cookie preferences, or go to
Select ‘Options’ from the drop-down menu at the top left of your screen. Select ‘Privacy’ in the pop-up window. You will be able to set your cookie preferences, or go to
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling and disabling cookies
Select ‘Preferences’ from the settings drop-down menu at the top right of your screen. Select ‘Safety’. You will be able to set your cookie preferences, or go to
If you don’t use any of the above browsers, select “cookie” in the relevant Help section of your browser to find out where your cookie folder is located.
Third-party websites accessible through links placed on this website are not covered by this policy. E. AMORETTI DI LORENZO – PICCARDO & SAVORÈ, owner of www.amorettidilorenzo.it, shall not be responsible for the policies adopted by third-party websites. The types of cookies used, and the way personal data are processed, depends on the policies adopted by these companies.